Monday, February 18, 2019

TOOLS



The grip, the grab, the touch - how does a ceramic artist have the ability to choose a specific tool for their wanted outcome?


It starts form a trial. Every demo shows a lot of a single tool, the grip, the grab, the touch. Every level of a working phase from the kneel wedging, needs a specific tool. A pro forms their own, shaved and welded, losers steal. (I did lose a brush to the ceramic universe.)


Knives are a mystery, but I want to talk about a thing about sculpting tools. I bought four from Paris, and I keep admiring their mini-capability. It’s almost as I would be searching for the right tool for the right spot and always finding one of the four. I didn’t buy any extra.


I even use mine to make the doorway holy. Parahultaisuus, just right.
And to tie my hair.


Tools are just tools. They are mendable and meant to be used. If your tool gets broken in the midst of things, you can always purchase a new one, like loop tools, that also are filable for a better grip. I also have a mini file set form Columbus, OH, and a chisel set.

I’m back working with miniature sculptures.