Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Linéaire de 50/50 de linéaire



Finding colored glaze bases in plastic buckets and mixing these into results to fill a bigger glaze fire, realizing that I'm lacking of good green smoothie greens. In my base glazes, to my best knowledge, a significant amount of zinc, the chromium turns out to be a pretty khaki. 

I've already been trying out an quadrixial blend, but being frustrated by the detailed precise percent amounts of different glaze bases, and I'm still not sure how it systematically works. It's not an easiest blend. Also, I wasn't content enough to choose only three green coloring components but wanting to use four, to reach as many hues as easily as possible, and willing not to go for a quadrixial blend again.

I was planning to reach a line blend to get green hues, but as wanting to blend as many as possible, easily, I came out with this chart.

In the mid row, on the left, the AB, and on the right side, the CD, are mixed as 50/50, and in the mid of the mid row all the main glazes will be mixed as 4/4. Rest of the test tiles are glazed with vertically mixed glazes, 50/50, top and bottom to the middle. Note, that the linéaires are mirrored in the top and at the bottom row, but not necessarily need to be done so. Note, that you can still choose any of 50/50 blend glazes to receive these glaze colours, to receive colours that contain no more than 8 colorants in the mid row, or still head for a triaxial or multiaxial if you want, to quit this specific thing.

Use a syringe and 10ml is approximately two table spoons, so top and bottom rows are enough for mid row too (30ml + 30 ml). My test tiles are minuscule.