Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Out of office - doing an internship!


I have been in Vaasa for 5 weeks now doing a conservation internship on ceramics. I've been admiring the collection of Karl Hedman at Vaasa City Museums and this Meissen mirror always makes me want to take a selfie. It was conserved by another company, but I have been given many interesting objects as well. Spode stipple decorated pitcher for example as well as discontinued in the 1830's Don Pottery's pot - in pieces. 


Last year I became a member of French Porcelain Society and I was given this publication Volume III from 2007. Here at one of Vaasa bars browsing it, I came across this replica of Dauphine's mirror. It was made for 1900 World Exhibition and now it whereabouts are unknown. Hedman's collection has one of Meissen's that era mirror.