Saturday, December 10, 2022

I can't believe it's chromium!

The material research I have done this time is all about chromium. I wanted to try the chromium pink glaze "Strawberries and Cream" from glazy.org. But, in order to achieve more variety, I wanted to test it excessively: 

Farest on the left should have been applied thicker since it's still very chromium green, but already shows some speckled pink. The twist in this glaze is that I did it without kaolin. 

Mid left turned out to be to matte, too dry glaze for pottery works, but is a lovely light lilac. What surprised me was the fact that it was made without whiting.

Mid right is loveliest satin matte in lilac and it was created without quartz. 

Farest on the right is my own creation since I thought that "tit." on my material library standed for tin. Nevertheless it's the base glaze with everything and 4% titanium added. It truly is my favourite, if too thin, it's a chromium khaki, but if applied heavily it just the most amazing boiling dark lilac. 

My chromium pink is a lilac.